Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Bowflex Series 7 Treadmill Immediately


I bought this treadmill just over 2 years ago. Due to a back injury, it has had very limited use. Maybe, 30 sessions. I started using it again last week and after one session the unit stopped working and gave an error code that indicated something with a speed sensor. After searching on the internet it became apparant that this is a known issue. I called customer service who had me run a few tests and it looks like the mother board failed. The electronics are only covered for 1 year. The motherboard is $227 + tax and shipping. The customer service rep suggested that I first try to replace the speed sensor for a cost of $11 and if that doesnt work I will need to replace the mother board. The replaced motherboard will have a warranty of 30 days.

Needless to say, I am pretty disgusted with something that fails after only 30 or so uses. I paid $1500 for this 2 years ago and now will be investing another $250. I can't recommend this unit.

My advice is to try an find one that doesnt rely on some cheap mother board made in China.Get more detail about Bowflex Series 7 Treadmill.

No comments:

Post a Comment